Monday, February 23, 2009

Two Weeks in Florida













We spent the last week of February and the first week of March in Seagrove Beach, Florida, in the Florida panhandle. The weather started out disappointingly cool. However, it improved dramatically later in our stay.

My sister and brother-in-law joined us for several days. My cousin and her husband brought their dog along and stayed in a separate nearby rental.

My plans for this vaction included finishing the pieces of my Nantucket jacket, starting a caridigan for Niepa, doing some bicycling, hiking, and studying French. Happily, I accomplished all of these.

I was very happy with the house we rented because it was large enough that the two couples were comfortable and didn't get in each others way. However, being in this part of Florida causes you to spend lots of time thinking and talking about real estate, and I'm not completely comfortable with that.



As you can see by my garb, it was quite cool the first week we were there.








But the azaleas were in bloom! In February!











We found a pastry shop with pricey but delicious almond croissants.









Appalachicola oysters were $4.99 per dozen. The co-diner and I had this as an appetizer 3 days in a row.






On the drive home we stopped at Greenbrier's Restaurant in Alabama. I had the barbecued pork. The presentation was nothing special, but the taste was delicious.

The co-diner, who usually shuns fried food, chose the catfish and declared them excellent. Notice the basket of hushpuppies served with each meal.




No comments:

Post a Comment