Monday, July 13, 2009

An Afternoon to Myself



Yesterday I took BART to the Mission District in San Francisco. I headed to a yarn store (Imaginknit) to see if they have the yarn I've run out of in the middle of my current project. It's a great store, and they carry Louet Gems sport weight, but unfortunately the don't carry the color I need (Caribbean Blue).

My plan for lunch was a grilled sandwich at Tartine, but when I got there the line was out the door, and it looked like it would be difficult to find a seat. So I continued down 18th Street to Regalito Rosticeria where I had a delicious lunch (carnitas with avocado, pinto beans, and salsa fresca). Next stop was dessert at Bi-Rite Creamery. I had a bowl of salted caramel ice cream which was delicious.

Then I took BART to Berkeley and hiked from the BART station to the Rose Garden. Spent an hour or so enjoying the roses, then back to BART and home.

No comments:

Post a Comment