Monday, November 9, 2009

Fiber in the Forest


Yesterday I returned from a 3-day knitting retreat in Holland organized by Trish.  It was loads of fun.  There were about 20 women attending and they came from as far away as Idaho.  It was great to see the work other knitters do and to pick up a few tips from them.  I learned a new technique for fair isle knitting that should make that process less painful.  I also got lots of my own knitting done, completing the pieces for my Drops Jacket.  They've been blocked and I'll try to get it assembled this week.


On Friday we visited a local sheep farm and an alpaca farm.   On Saturday we went on a shop hop to 6 local yarn shops.  There were tons of prizes and I was lucky enough to win one of the big prizes - a hand-made wooden swift from Hornshaw Wood Works.  I also won some beautiful handspun yarn and a skein of Elizabeth Lavold Silky Wool.


Oh, and there was plenty of delicious food and snacks.  I'm so glad I went!

No comments:

Post a Comment