Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Knitting Dilemma: Crazed Sheep


I'm almost finished with my sheep cardigan and have an aesthetic, and perhaps moral, dilemma.  The sheep heads and legs for the sideways facing sheep, although not things of beauty, are acceptable looking (especially from a distance).  However, the sheep in the back of the sweater, who faces frontward, is terrifying.  I feel a sense of moral unease in imposing such an image on an infant.


I'm considering removing all the black duplicate stitch and calling the remaining white blobs "clouds."  However they're in the "grass," rather than the sky, so how much sense does that make?  Any opinions?

I'll postpone the decision until after I put the buttons on.

1 comment:

  1. Leave the legs and it will look like little sheepy tushes instead of faces. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete