Monday, October 15, 2018

Genoa

We arrived in Genoa yesterday and started today with a minor problem.  I don't like to check baggage, so I brought only 3 pairs of pants and 3 shirts on this trip.  I also came down with a bad cold yesterday.  We were running out of clean clothes, so Bill volunteered to take our clothes to the neighborhood laundromat.  I put all 3 of my shirts in the laundry, but didn't mention to him that I had no other shirts.  We thought he was going to a laundromat where you wash and dry your own clothes in coin operated machines, but when he got there it was the type of laundry where you drop off the clothes and pick them up later in the day.  That meant I had no shirt to wear.  I solved this problem by wearing my pajama top as a shirt and wearing my hoodie over it.  Fortunately the weather was a bit cool, so this attire was comfortable.

We took a narrow gauge railroad to Casella, a small village in the hills above Genoa.  Lots of great views on the way up, but the train windows were too dirty for good photographs.  The town of Casella itself was unremarkable.

When we returned to Genoa, we picked up the laundry and I changed into an actual shirt.

Genoa's Cathedral
We went out for gelato at a gelateria near the cathedral,  a very impressive building.

No comments:

Post a Comment