Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Last Day in Florence - First Day in Venice

Botticelli's "The Birth of Venus" (severely cropped due to another
visitor getting in front of me at the left-hand corner)
  We had a train to catch in the early afternoon, so made an early morning visit to the Uffizi Museum, probably the most important collection of Renaissance art.  I'm not a fan of classical art, but couldn't help but be impressed by this collection.  Perhaps the most famous piece in the collection is the Birth of Venus by Botticelli.



Mask and puppet shop with way too much reflection









We had to quickly check out of our rooms and head to the train station for the 2-hour ride to Venice.  Now we were in an area with no cars and only canals for transportation.  The souvenir shops included lots of glass shops and mask shops.






Fried calamari with polenta
I treated myself to fried calamari for dinner.  It was delicious, but I can't keep eating it or I won't be able to fit into my pants when it's time to come home.


No comments:

Post a Comment