Thursday, September 17, 2015

Lunch Inside a Yarn Shop and the Countryside of Paris

Yesterday it rained most of the day and we ended up going to the Museum of Modern Art, another museum with free admission (except for special exhibits).  The museum has a nice collection of modern art and I recommend it.  Here's a photograph of a Marc Chagall painting that caught my eye.





Today's lunch was at L'Oisivethé, a combination tea salon and yarn shop.  What could be better?  We both got a salad with smoked salmon and thought it was delicious.  They have opened a second location where they sell only yarn, so we walked over to that location.   I ended up buying two skeins of a yarn that they are dying themselves.   One of them is for me and one is for my knitting friend who will be picking us up at the airport (Thanks, Mary!).















From there we went to our scenic location of the day, a neighborhood called la Campagne  à Paris (the Countryside of Paris), on the east side of the city.  This is another of those neighborhoods built for working class people during the 1920's.  We had to climb 80 steps to get to this neighborhood, but were rewarded with another charming group of stone and brick houses, attractively landscaped.  I seem to be suffering from house envy on this trip.







































We walked home and that was a good idea because Bill bought a delicious Camembert and two other cheeses at a shop near Père Lachaise Cemetery.








4 comments:

  1. weird painting...
    those steps look intense. like san francisco

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title of the painting was "The Dream." And yes, the steps reminded me of San Francisco or an extreme version of the staircases in Berkeley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two should try the steps at Lumberman's Monument up north. Ugh. A tea shop and yarn shop all in one? It has my entrepreneurial spirit piqued but with me it would be a quilt shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two should try the steps at Lumberman's Monument up north. Ugh. A tea shop and yarn shop all in one? It has my entrepreneurial spirit piqued but with me it would be a quilt shop.

    ReplyDelete