Monday, September 26, 2011

An Errand Day

We used today for a few errands.  I had some flavored syrups for my daughter-in-law and thought I'd be clever and ship them to her via UPS.   However, that didn't work because UPS doesn't ship liquids.  This meant that we had to schlep these cans of syrups with us for the rest of the day.

We stopped for a salad lunch on Rue Montorgeuil.


We saw a tempting chocolate shop.


We went to the department store Bon Marché where I resolved a minor knitting crisis by buying a couple balls of sock yarn.  While I was there I noticed an interesting architectural detail in the stairway.


And while we were on our way to buy today's baguette, I noticed an interesting archway which I think was on Rue de Grenelle.


I've been having a problem with a blister on my left foot, and needed to buy some more Band-Aids.  Band-Aids are Band-Aids, right?  Apparently not.  The Band-Aids we got at the pharmacy are about 4 inches long and 2 1/2 inches wide.  They have a gauze strip down the center and tape on both sides of the gauze strip.  You cut the Band-Aid to fit.  It's actually a pretty good way to do it, because you can customize the size to a certain extent.



Today's Cheeses:  Munster and Brebis

1 comment:

  1. thanks for schlepping! AND guilting us out on the world wide web!

    ReplyDelete